We are excited to announce our First Seminar hosted by Keysight Technologies.
Please register today to secure your place to attend this seminar.
20th April 2023
Keysight Technologies UK
610 Wharfedale Road Winnersh Triangle
Wokingham Berkshire RG41 5TP United Kingdom
- 9:00 – 9:30 Welcome Coffee
- 9:30 – 9:40 Welcome speech – William Attoh – Keysight Technologies
- 9:40 – 11:00 Exploring EMC/EMI Issues with Real-Time Scanning Techniques – Prof Arturo Mediano – Y.I.C. Technologies
- 11:00 – 11:15 Break
- 11:15 – 12:15 How to perform pre-compliance EMC measurements with a spectrum analyzer – Callum Williams – Keysight Technologies
- 12:15 – 13:30 Lunch & Learns : Meet the sponsors | Networking | Hands on session | Table top solutions
- 13:30 – 14:30 Design Issues and Considerations when Planning a Shielded Chamber – Paul Duxbury – MVG
- 14:30 – 15:00 LabOps for EMC’s capabilities – Keysight Technologies
- 15:00 – 15:10 Closing note – Raffaella Ricci – Keysight Technologies
Synopsis of Presentations:
Keysight Technologies – Callum Williams
How to perform precompliance EMC measurements with a spectrum analyzer
A spectrum analyzer with built-in CISPR and MIL-STD compliant bandwidths, detectors and automated testing to regulatory Limit Lines with user-selected margins can save you a valuable amount of time and money in testing your product for EMC emissions before they go through a full compliance testing in a certified lab.
Our Solution Expert will guide you through the steps taken: Scan, Search and Measure, to perform a practical precompliance EMC measurement using a spectrum analyzer.
MVG – Paul Duxton
Design Issues and Considerations when Planning a Shielded Chamber
When you are looking to install a shielded chamber, there are several aspects which you need to take into account, depending on what the chamber will be used for, and the size of the chamber. During this presentation we will review some of these, and provide some guidance on the areas which you, as the user of the chamber, need to consider when starting to plan the installation of a new chamber. We will also consider areas which we, as the chamber supplier, can assist with and provide design input on for you.
Y.I.C. Technologies – Arturo Mediano
Exploring EMC/EMI Issues with Real-Time Scanning Techniques
During this presentation we will explore the high-speed PCBs design challenges one typically finds at the EMI/EMC level. We will use a set of electronic PCB boards to demonstrate some of the most classic problems PCB designers might implement in a new PCB design.
10 Simple circuits have been designed to demonstrate issues that can be detected and illustrated by the use of a Spectrum Analyzer, Near Field Probes and Near Field scanner.
Each circuit will provide an in-dept analysis that relates to a specific EMC/EMI key design fault.
During the live session we will explore the following issues:
- IC Decoupling
- Crosstalk at the component level
- Shielding Leakage
- Effect of Ferrite in signal paths
- Slots in ground planes
- Trace on Boards edge
- Controlling current path
- How layout change filter behaviour
- Near Field Communication (NFC) and more..